- Welcome! To the Finch DNA Surname Project. My name is Mic Barnette. I am the webmaster of this site and co-administrator of the project with Carol Hennington.
- Due to the demise of the computer upon which the old website dwelled this new site is being created (as of May 10, 2011) in a blog format. Much of the data from our old site at
- is being incorporated and transitioned into this site with capabilities for more interpersonal communications.
- Please click on the Pages link in the column to the left of this post for more information on using this site.
- The How To Use This Site should be read first.
This site is one of several being incorporated into a genealogical network of related sites.
First, there is the Your Family Tree Newsletter site. Then, there are the two DNA sites, the Barnett DNA Surname Project site and the Finch DNA Surname Project site. Others will likely be added later.
If you are researching Barnett’s or Finch’s you will probably wish to sign up at the RSS logo at the top left of each website for either a RSS feed of your choice or for E-Mail notification when new posts are added. Both sites are home to DNA studies of the two surnames as well as genealogical research sites.
Everyone will, hopefully, wish to sign up for an RSS feed of your choice or E-Mail notification when new posts are made to the Your Family Tree Newsletter. This site is independent of the other two and is a modern version and continuation of the genealogical and historical column Mic Barnette penned from 1994 to 2004 in the Houston Chronicle.
Your Family Tree will feature helpful research hints, links to internet resource links and reviews of books and other products important to anyone conducting genealogical research.
While a part of a network of sites, each of the three sites are independent of the other. To receive RSS or E-Mail notification one must subscribe to each one at the RSS Logo on its respective site.
Be sure to visit the Genealogy Links and Supplies page for links to fabulous internet free and subscription websites, free and purchasable products useful to genealogists and links to numerous genealogical book and product sellers including Genealogical Publishing Company and an online Amazon Genealogy Bookstore.